Make Decent Coffee Lounge
When it comes to a good cup of coffee, there’s
nothing like the taste of a fresh brew from quality beans. Tasteless coffee at home should be a thing of the past! Last year the team at Make Decent Coffee asked you to join the revolution and since then thousands of you coffee rebels have joined the cause!
Visitors of The London Coffee Festival will be invited to join the team in the Make Decent Coffee Lounge - a space to learn from the experts how to make decent coffee at home!
Chemex is ideal for impressing friends with your ‘bordering-on-scientific’ knowledge of coffee brewing.
You will need….
1l fresh filtered water
1. Boil the kettle & measure the coffee (grind to medium/fine)
2. Place filter in Chemex (with the folds facing the spout)
3. Wet filter paper with hot water & discard extra water
4. Pour coffee into filter & shake to level grounds
5. Make a crater in the centre of the coffee (with the paddle)
6. Saturate the grounds with 100g of water (never pouring down thefilter edges)
7. After the ‘bloom’, continue to slowly spiral pour in the remaining 900g of water
8. Allow coffee to finish brewing (1-2 minutes) then discard the filter
9. Serve, share and enjoy!