30 March 2022
The Perfect Steam with Alpro Barista Oat
Find out how to get the very best from plant-based oat every time.
Make it simply oatsome! Find out how to get the very best from plant-based oat every time. Busy, busy but got a few seconds to spare? Take a look at the quick and instant version. Want to take it slower? Check out the step by step scenes and we'll take you through it one expert move at a time. Watch, skip, repeat, go steam!
- Plant-based drink of choice
The method: in 3 simple steps
- Espresso machine
- Coffee Grinder
- Tamper & Tampingmat
- 2 Pitchers
- 3 Cloths
- Cups/glasses, saucers & spoons
- Fill the pitcher up to the base of the spout.
- Brew your espresso(s).
- Purge the steam wand.
- Hold the tip of the steam wand at the surface of the drink and start steaming the oat drink.
- Create a vortex by holding the steam wand 1cm from the edge. You should hear a whispering sound. This phase is called ‘stretching’.
- When the drink reaches body temperature, ensure the steam wand remains under the surface, whilst maintaining the vortex.
- Close the steam wand when you reach 65ºC.
- Wipe and purge the wand.
- Waltz your jug until the drink has a glossy surface and the foamy and liquid parts are properly mixed.
- Split the contents of the jug in two, if you’re pouring more than one cappuccino.
- Tilt the cup and pour in the middle of the espresso, slowly straightening the cup while filling up.